What does a SEO Specialist do?
- A Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist’s main role is to analyze, review and implement changes to websites so they are optimized for search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing etc.
- This is to maximize the traffic to a site by improving page rank within search engines
- An SEO Specialist will develop original content to include keyword or phrases that will increase traffic to a site
- The most popular search engine in India is the Google Search
- Perform keyword research
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations
- Increase web traffic and ranking
Career Progression and Salary
- In India the average salary for SEO is in between Rs 1.8 lacs – Rs 4 lacs per year for freshers
- A SEO Specialist goes on to become a SEO Manager after gaining relevant experience
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools
- Knowledge of Search Engine Marketing will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Social Media Marketing
- Blogging and Content Writing
- Knowledge of SEO tools such as Majestic, Screaming Frog, etc.
- Basic HTML
How to Apply
- Visit the career section of a company website.
- Apply through job portals such as Aasaanjobs
Before applying, make sure that you are job ready. Join a suitable training institute to get well trained as this is an independent role. Visit www.hunarr.co.in to find training institutes offering courses SEO courses.