What does a Graphic Designer do?
- Graphic designers create visual concepts, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers.
- They develop the overall layout and production design for various applications such as advertisements, brochures, magazines, and corporate reports.
The minimum qualification required is G.D.Art or B.F.A. (Applied Art)
- A Graphic Artist / Designer earns an average salary of Rs 231,745 per year.
- One may also register on www.freelancer.in and www.elance.com and take up projects as a freelancer and earn more.
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Senior Visualiser
- Creative Director
- Art Director
Top Design Schools in India
Some of the well renowned Design Schools in India are:
- Kala Bhavan, Shantiniketan
- Sir J.J. Institute Of Applied Arts, Mumbai
- L.S. Raheja School Of Arts, Mumbai
- Abhinav Kala Mahavidyalay, Pune
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Fine Arts, Pune
- Creativity and originality
- Hands on experience with Adobe Photoshop, Coreldraw, Adobe Illustrator and any other designing tool.
- Strong visual communication
- Excellent sketching skills
- Understanding of colour and form
How to Apply:
- Apply through the careers section of a company’s website.
- You may also apply through a job portal such as Aasaanjobs
- Visit www.hunarr.co.in to find insitutes offering courses in Graphic Designing.
- Certified courses make one job ready and makes it easier to get a relevant job.