What is Adobe After Effects?
Adobe After Effects is a video editing software which is used for editing any type of video. This software is different from other video editing software. This not just allow to cut shots but it helps in giving special effects in the video. We can call it a high-quality video composition software which is used in editing films, ads, and TV shows. It is used like other video editing software, in which layers are put on the screen to show the special effects in a realistic way. After effects can play your imagination on the screen. Motion graphics, animations, and audio editing can also be done with this software. People who are bored of just editing videos and want to add some more creativity in their videos can take help of adobe after effects software.
Career Progression with the help of Adobe After Effects:
- If a person has taken editing as their career then he/she must learn adobe after effects to master their editing skills.
- Video editors are playing an important role in the society today.there is a high demand for good editors in the market.
- By learning this software a video editor can differentiate him/herself from normal video editors.
- It helps in making more business than normal editors as this software can help in adding motion graphics to the work. Audio, video, and 3D videos can be composed on adobe after effects. This can help in making more business for an editor.
Magical Features: There are many tools in after effects which work like a stick of a magician. These tools help to expand the creativity of an editor, few are mentioned below:
Puppet Pin Tool: This tool helps in animating a character, with this tool an editor can distort the image of a character and animate it providing natural movements for the animations.
Dulk: This tool helps in making animation easy. For example, it can be used to show the movements of an animated character. Movements such as bending of knees or elbows of a character can be done with the help of this feature.
Motion Path: It allows the object to face in the right direction when it is in motion. This tool is used while editing a ship, car or a person in motion.
Graph Editor: This tool helps in making the movement of an object smoother rather jarring it.
There are some bonus features in Adobe After Effects:
*You can improve the preview quality, do the colour corrections, change screen resolutions according to the need.
– Improve the preview quality (better aliasing) by setting “Viewer Quality to More Accurate”. This is set in Preferences > General.
*You can use an auto-save option to take backups in case of a crash.
– In Preferences > Auto-Save check “Automatically Save Projects”.
*Adobe After Effects does quick rendering and maintains decent quality.
– To make any layer a guide layer in After Effects select the footage, right click and select “Guide Layer”. A blue grid appears beside the layer and now it won’t render.
*Replacing and adding clips in this software is way easier and quicker with shortcuts.
– Instead of dragging footage from the project to a composition, use the shortcut CMD + / (on a Mac) or CTRL + / (on a PC).
To replace a layer in a composition with different footage, select the layer in the comp, then select the footage in the project and press CMD + OPTION + / (on a Mac) or CTRL + ALT + / (on a PC).
If you want to know more about time-saving tricks and improve your editing skills on Adobe After Effects then here you go.
This video can really help you to know the secret tricks to master Adobe After Effects. These tricks help to save time and gain more business.
This is how Adobe After Effects can boost an editor’s career and make their work interesting as it has more room for creativity. There are institutions where you can learn Adobe After Effects and master your skills of editing, some are mentioned here.