If you are looking to pursue a career in accountancy, this post should give you some insights. Accountancy is a practice of maintaining the finances of a business and giving the top-level managers advice on expenses, investments or savings in order to maintain the financial stability of the organization. Just to make it simple for your understanding, accountancy covers various financial incomes and expenditure of an organization. This means it covers payrolls, sales, and payment made to any third party vendors.
Top Institutes For Learning Accountancy
- ICA Edu Skills
- Disha Computer Institute
- NIDT Institute
- Aptech Computer Education
- National Computer Centre
- ICIT Computer Institute
- Keerti Computer Institute
- Raj Computers Academy
- Asset Computer Education
- Alif Computer Education
Careers In Accountancy
Accounting is a field which will always be in demand. Jobs in accountancy could be available right from entry to executive level. Below I have mentioned some designations which you can apply for as you become an expert in accountancy.
- Accounting Manager
- Payroll Manager
- Budget Analyst
- Tax Specialist
- Tax Accountant
- Financial Investment Analyst
- Claim Adjuster
- General Auditor etc.
Below I have mentioned some skills which are important to be an accountant.
Problem Solver Numerical Computation
Computer Literacy Adapt Well To Frequent Changes
Systematising Skill Logical Thinking
Job Role Of An Accountant
Various companies and individuals provide employment to accountants for assisting them with several financial issues. Once you become an accountant you will be involved in detecting fraud accounts, providing advice on tax issues, analyzing the profit and loss of the company. Main focus in financial accounting is on preparing and publishing the quarterly/annually financial statements of the organisation such as:
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Statement of changes in financial position
- Statement Of Retained Earnings
Other Job Roles and Duties
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, and other tax requirements.
- Analyse business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify and document record-keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Advise management on issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Represent clients before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues.
- Investigate bankruptcies and other complex financial transactions and prepare reports summarizing the findings.
These are some of the major duties which an accountant has to perform and sometimes responsibilities could differ from company to company.
I hope this blog has helped you to have a clear vision about accountancy. If you are looking out for an accountancy course then log on to www.hunarr.co.in and get the best institutes to master your skills as an accountant.